Linkin Scape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Ingame-Mod Application] Archon.

3 posters

Go down

[Ingame-Mod Application] Archon. Empty [Ingame-Mod Application] Archon.

Post  Archon Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello, Linkinscape players.

A friend encouraged me to apply for the position of ingame moderator, so this is my application.

Well, firstly, some personal information about me. My name is Ignacio (Though many of you know me as Archon). I'm 17 years old and I'm currently on High School; I plan on studying Informatics upon entering University.
As to my musical preferences, I mostly listen to metal, more specifically, Folk, Norsk and Pagan.

In relation to private servers; I've had the moderator role in some minor servers, not well known out there. I used to be the co-owner of a 317 server, a long time ago.
As to other games, I've had positions such as Game Master on private servers from games such as: World of Warcraft, MU Online, GTA, among others; So I'm familiarized with the responsibility that is involved within the position.

As to moderator knowledge, I'm accustomed to most of the commands (Though I always look forward to learn more of them if it's needed; even if that involves some research).
I won't say that I'm friendly nor I will qualify myself using nice adjective, as I'd lack of modesty if I did.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

What will you do if you become Mod: Well, firstly, I'd like to introduce myself to the players as their new moderator, if I get chosen. After it, I'll start getting accustomed with my new duties, which will from welcoming new players and introducing them to the server's features to answering any of their doubts. In relation to the older players, I will maintain the order and do the best I can to keep conflicts out of the server; after all, it isn't enjoyable for other players to watch arguments taking place.

How can you insure us that you'll be a good Mod and deal with problems in a mature manor: When it comes to dealing with discussions and arguments, there's a number one rule: using commands isn't always necessary. I prefer to talk things out, as it's better when they're solved that away. Where would be the fun if a moderator just muted and kicked people instead of talking the problem out?
If I do get chosen for the position, commands will be my last resource (Unless a huge swearing war starts, in that case, I'm afraid I'll have to mute participants depending on the insults).

How active will you be: Well, I usually go out during the night on Fridays and Saturdays BUT, I'm having a huge test next month, so I'm staying home on Fridays, so expect me to be quite active on the server those days. As to week days, I'm getting online everytime I can; I won't specify things as "I'm going to be online 8 hours a day", as I can't be certain on my activity, thus, I won't like to lie about my activity.
In relation to forums, I've got it bookmarked on my laptop and iPod, so expect me to be very active in here.

Do you deserve Mod more than others? If Yes, Why? You know, about this one; I guess there's no right answer. Everyone's got the same chances of being a moderator. Now, if I thought "Yes", I'd support that affirmation by adding that I'm quite responsible and mature, caracteristics that make a moderator suitable for the position.

If you don't get Mod, are you still going to try? And will you get more players? Yes, no matter what the decision is, I'll keep looking forward onto working harder to achieve the position. And as of getting more players, you don't ask that; you know the answer already; everyone should get players whether they are admins, moderators or normal players.

Why should I make you a Mod? Well, as I stated above, I'm responsible enough to take the position with care and respect. As I expect it from many people in here, I want to help in the server's growth. I want to make new players feel comfortable in the server, so that they will stay rather than leaving.
Aside from all, I want the server to be an enjoyable place to be at, without being harsh and cold-minded as a moderator.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, this concludes my application; I apologize for it's briefness, but I prefered to write what was needed instead of writing a lot of paragraphs with redundant stuff; good luck to the other applicants aswell.
Later!

Last edited by Archon on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Archon
Archon
Nooby
Nooby

Back to top Go down

[Ingame-Mod Application] Archon. Empty Re: [Ingame-Mod Application] Archon.

Post  dot rawr Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:16 pm

I support you! I find when talking to you, you build in skills of responsibility and respect. Your skills towards working with players and keeping your cool are amazing! You also don't seem like the kind of Mod that would abuse nor treat players with Respect. I give all my support to Archon for Mod!

dot rawr
Nooby
Nooby

Back to top Go down

Post  Archon Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:18 pm

dot rawr wrote:I support you! I find when talking to you, you build in skills of responsibility and respect. Your skills towards working with players and keeping your cool are amazing! You also don't seem like the kind of Mod that would abuse nor treat players with Respect. I give all my support to Archon for Mod!
Haha, thanks for the feedback, Dot; I really appreciate it Smile.
Archon
Archon
Nooby
Nooby

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:23 pm

What will you do if you become Mod?

How can you insure us that you'll be a good Mod and deal with problems in a mature manor?

How active will you be?

Do you deserve Mod more than others? If Yes, Why?

If you don't get Mod, are you still going to try? And will you get more players?

Why should I make you a Mod?

I support you, but Ill let my players also decide.

Kyle
Admin
Admin

https://linkinscape.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Archon Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Kyle wrote:What will you do if you become Mod?

How can you insure us that you'll be a good Mod and deal with problems in a mature manor?

How active will you be?

Do you deserve Mod more than others? If Yes, Why?

If you don't get Mod, are you still going to try? And will you get more players?

Why should I make you a Mod?

I support you, but Ill let my players also decide.

Questions with their respective answers added.
Archon
Archon
Nooby
Nooby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down